Beetroot – 2 Large Finely Chopped
Carrots – 2 Large Finely Chopped
Black Eyed Peas – ½ cup
Coriander Powder – ½ Tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tsp
Cumin Powder – ¼ Tsp
Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
Cumin Seeds – ¼ Tsp
Black gram – ¼ Tsp
Green Chilies – 3 or 4
Asafetida – 1 Pinch
Salt – To taste
Olive Oil – 1 Tsp
Cilantro – For garnish (optional)
- Peel beetroots and carrots and boil them in water for 5 minutes. This makes them easier to cut. Finely chop them and keep aside.
- Soak the Black Eyes Peas in water for 10 minutes and boil them in salt water until cooked.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and black gram
- Once the mustard seeds splutter and the black gram has turned golden brown, add the asafetida and green chilies and sauté for a few seconds
- Now add the cut beetroot, carrot, black eyed peas, spices and salt and sauté covered for 10 minutes until the beetroot and carrots are completely cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional) and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts Source: http://www.nutritiondata.com/