Mixed Greens – 1 medium bag
Onions – 1 Medium
Garlic – 2 or 3 cloves
Tomato – 2
Almonds – 10 or 12 soaked in water for 10 minutes
Firm Tofu - 1 block cut into 1 inch cubes
Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tsp
Cumin Powder – ¼ Tsp
Cardamom – 2 pods
Cloves – 4 or 5
Cinnamon – ½ inch stick
Cumin Seeds – ¼ Tsp
Green Chilies – 3 or 4
Salt – To taste
Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Coarsely chop the mixed green and cook in boiling water for 5 minutes until they wilt.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and saute the garlic and onion until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cardamom, clove, cinnamon and green chillies and sauté for a few minutes
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and sauté until the tomatoes have cooked
- Grind everything along with the wilted greens and soaked Almonds
- Reheat the saucepan and gently sauté the Tofu pieces until they have browned a little on all sides. Keep aside.
- Reheat the saucepan again with some olive oil and add the cumin seeds.
- Add the ground mixture, salt, turmeric powder and cumin powder and the tofu and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis or parathas
Nutrition Facts Source: http://www.nutritiondata.com/
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are approximate